… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
An Inclusive Curriculum for All
Our curriculum is coherently planned to ensure that all our students develop the knowledge and skills for future learning and employment. Subjects are rich in cultural capital and are designed to give all students the knowledge and skills required to succeed in life.
Lesson content and teaching methods take into account the needs of all learners, including students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and is adapted accordingly to ensure all our learners are able to engage fully in learning.
Extra curricular activities such as House Days and Enrichment activities are planned to ensure equality of opportunity and diversity. Through our curriculum students are taught to understand and appreciate difference in the world and respond with respect.
For full information on how the school fulfils its obligations to Equality and SEND, please follow links to these pages of the website.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
If you wish to find out more information about the curriculum, please contact Ms N Hay Deputy Headteacher email@example.com
- Curriculum Overview
- Subject Information
- KS3 Curriculum Overview
- KS4 Curriculum Overview
- KS5 Curriculum Overview
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
- A huge congratulations to 3 of our year 12 students who have achieved gold awards in the British Physics Olympiad! Their brilliant results are inspiration to us all.#Proud #physics #success #SixthForm @TheBPhO pic.twitter.com/oUkVriQRLu
- #SaferInternetDay2024, let's reinforce the importance of online safety and positive digital citizenship. Small actions can lead to significant changes. Let's build a kind, secure and respectful online community together! #SID2024 pic.twitter.com/lCYFB0HUUR
- On Friday the staff and students raised just over £450.00 by holding a non uniform day to raise money for @FairtradeUK. This valuable charity works on raising awareness for ethical production and equitable treatment for farmers and workers. #Tagfriday #FutureisFair #Thankyou pic.twitter.com/rozk0aK6oJ
- Dover Grammar School for Girls are advertising for a new Headteacher. For further details, please click the link belowhttps://t.co/tTGgm4iWxJ
- Our Year 7, 8 and 9 students are ready to explore, experiment and elevate their scientific curiosity at this term's Fire & Smoke Club 🧪🔬#Science #Learning pic.twitter.com/HKUfRDEwoK
- An inspiring day at BETT Excel London with our Computer Science students! Explored the latest educational technologies, connected with passionate educators, and sparked enthusiasm for learning. #BETT2024🖥️🔖 pic.twitter.com/Kw7q1it3Vv
- We were thrilled to host @STSKent and @DOYRMS for our 2nd sixth form match last night. Excellent teamwork & skills shown by all. Well done to the newly formed @STSKent boys team in a close match! #netball #teamwork #sport🏐 pic.twitter.com/dKDyklzETJ
- Our Computer Science students had an exciting day at @Aspiration_Dig! This conference opened doors to a world of digital skills, diverse career paths and roles. Thank you for the opportunity and for the goody bags.@ReflectDigital @MGGS_ #computerscience pic.twitter.com/x4a6bfaisH
- We are extremely proud of one of our Y10 students who is a talented young dog handler, competing nationally with her sheepdogs, qualifying as a finalist, winning the Welsh Championships & being asked to compete at Shabfest Continental! Well done #EnglishNationalSheepdog pic.twitter.com/A4DAlycRlo
- We are extremely proud of one of our Y10 students who is a talented young dog handler, competing nationally with her sheepdogs, qualifying as a finalist, winning the Welch Championships & being asked to compete at Shabfest Continental! Well done #EnglishNationalSheepdog pic.twitter.com/Nh8vx9MvYJ
- We are extremely proud of one of our Y10 students who is a talented young dog handler, competing nationally with her sheepdogs, qualifying as a finalist, winning the Welch Championships & being asked to compete at Shabfest Continental! Well done #EnglishNationalSheepdog pic.twitter.com/EDNU7Y40Zc