Why is Attendance important?
Here at DGGS we aim to provide a vibrant, safe and supportive space for learning where all students can thrive. We want our students to share a love of learning and feel valued members of our school community, attending all lessons and events to get the most out of their time at school. We recognise that there are times when absence occurs but attendance in school is crucial to both academic progress and emotional wellbeing. We expect all our students to strive for 100% attendance. Attending school on a regular basis is the key to achieving success. It will help to:
• Ensure students are accessing the best possible support for learning in lessons
• Reducing gaps in learning which might impact attainment
• Set them up with good routines for later life
• Develop resilience and self esteem
• Access support in school if required
• Increase confidence
• Achieve potential and fulfil aspirations
• Be safeguarded against harm
Below is a copy of our Attendance Leaflet which gives more information about our processes and the support we can give to families.
Attendance Contact Details