… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- Our Yr 10 students were given the opportunity to create vision resources to help solidify their knowledge on GCSE topics. A really fun and engaging project! 📚 https://t.co/psc6CEEdvx
- Our @dggs_ht Headteacher has been reading and signing congratulations postcards for the students involvement and engagement with enrichment activities as a gesture of appreciation for all their hard work! 👏🙌 https://t.co/VjiPTCXdow
- Thank you to Mrs Amie for running a wonderful session for our Yr 8 students on coding, creating their own escape rooms. Here are some of the binary coding bracelets they have made. A fantastic project! #STEM #STEMeducation https://t.co/j22tJ1cn04
- Thank you to @hopenothate for delivering very informative sessions to our Yr 10 students on discrimination and language
- Assistant Site Manager Facilities at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/GYsUoqdnSJ
- Well done to one of our very talented Yr 7 students who has designed a fabulous new logo for #DGGSAspire #careers 👩🎨🎨 https://t.co/18rfGO5oIH
- Looking forward to working with @DGGS_Info on #personalstatements today. It's so important to be able to present yourself well and we have great advice and tips to make you shine!
- We are very proud and delighted with the exciting news that another fabulous teacher of ours, Anita Simpson, has been selected as a winner for the 2021 Kent Teacher of the Year Awards, well done!!🌟@InspireSchools1 @KMCharityTeam #KTOTY
- Congratulations to two of our fantastic teachers, Sarah Bartlett & Patricia King, who were chosen as runners up for the Approachable Mentor category award at the @CanterburyCCUni Mentor Awards 2021. Well done!!🌟
- There is still time to book a place on our Yr 5 Open Day Tours. To apply for a place please follow the link below: https://t.co/SmzzqBqcOj
- Is your child thinking of doing the Dover Test? Are you in receipt of Free School Meals/Pupil Premium? If so, we are pleased to announce that a few licenses for resources to prepare for the Dover Test are available. To apply, please see the link below: https://t.co/aJJkyez18D