… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- DGGS are celebrating #SaferInternetDay today! Find out how you can join us at https://t.co/cMNkVjDhII @UK_SIC https://t.co/cMNkVjDhII https://t.co/giclmAi9l7
- Today is Safer Internet Day! Join us and @UK_SIC this #SaferInternetDay to create a better internet – RT to show your support https://t.co/IzMzsqT8Fp #AnInternetWeTrust https://t.co/ZeORWjjUel
- We are very proud of our Head Prefect for her honest thoughts on the government’s announcement that summer exams will not go ahead in @guardian. “I don’t think they realised how heartbroken people were and how anxious they’ve been through the pandemic..." https://t.co/yBBTUtbu8G
- Congratulations to our wonderful students & staff for all the raffle prizes donated or handmade. We are proud to announce we've raised £2230 for @asthmauk. We cannot wait to deliver these prizes to the deserving families who have supported us with our efforts. Merry Christmas!🎄 https://t.co/Ac19OK1FAl
- Today's install of #countdowntochristmas... we are looking back at the fantastic new science facility at Dover Girls Grammar School #construction #education #schools #Science #loveconstruction @DGGS_Info @LeeEvansArchs @FairhurstSOaks https://t.co/BbKRy9xkdq
- A big thank you to @KMMSmedschool for delivering an excellent outreach session for aspiring medics in Yr 12 last week. Students also enjoyed recent virtual talks from @QueensOutreach, @RavensbourneUK & an apprenticeship advisor as part of our Sixth Form guest speaker programme. https://t.co/PmPSzaLOpB
- Good luck to our seven Oxbridge candidates in their interviews over the next few weeks (six for Cambridge, one for Oxford)! #raisingaspirations
- Well done to all the students who took part in @bebrasuk Computing Challenge 2020. Congratulations to the ‘Best in School’ winners of @Bebras and good luck to those who have achieved top 10% nationally and have been invited to take part in the Oxford Computing Challenge.
- It gives me great pleasure to announce that a Year 12 student has been awarded the John Downton Award for Photography. The Art dept have supported students to win this award over the last 3 years, but this is the 1st in the Photography category. #johndownton #KCC #artwork
- An exciting opportunity was given to the Yr 13 Criminology students by way of a virtual tour of the Houses of Parliament! Thank you to @yourukparl for giving our students the chance to see Parliament in this way, despite being in lockdown. @UKParliament https://t.co/9l25LAhLAK
- Our very own Mr Millard, Professional Mentor & Subject Leader for History, has been awarded the @CanterburyCCUni Mentor of the Year Award for 'Research Informed' Mentoring for 2020!! Congratulations!! 📚 https://t.co/cKh7LqyZRW https://t.co/1W6Ks4DAA9
- Temporary Finance OfficerAdministration at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/yEUc03vlgp