- Curriculum Overview
- facebook Share this page on Facebook
- twitter Tweet this page
- pinterest Pin this page
… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
An Inclusive Curriculum for All
Our curriculum is coherently planned to ensure that all our students develop the knowledge and skills for future learning and employment. Subjects are rich in cultural capital and are designed to give all students the knowledge and skills required to succeed in life.
Lesson content and teaching methods take into account the needs of all learners, including students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and is adapted accordingly to ensure all our learners are able to engage fully in learning.
Extra curricular activities such as House Days and Enrichment activities are planned to ensure equality of opportunity and diversity. Through our curriculum students are taught to understand and appreciate difference in the world and respond with respect.
For full information on how the school fulfils its obligations to Equality and SEND, please follow links to these pages of the website.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
If you wish to find out more information about the curriculum, please contact Ms N Hay Deputy Headteacher email@example.com
- Curriculum Overview
- Subject Information
- KS3 Curriculum Overview
- KS4 Curriculum Overview
- KS5 Curriculum Overview
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
- Many thanks to @discoverypark_ for hosting our Yr 13 Chemists at the Community lab, a great day had by all! 🧪🥼 https://t.co/BiTvIZRb0S
- Our Yr 10 students had an amazing day in London listening to exciting lectures by 5 inspirational, top Scientists! @gcsesciencelive 🧪🥼 https://t.co/dPJVOKGwSe
- Yesterday, our Yr 10 & 11's Touch Rugby Team went to a festival @AshfordRugby. All players showed great teamwork & determination in the freezing conditions. Overall they won 3 games & lost 2, all really enjoyed the experience! 🏉 https://t.co/VwJRPutWmb
- A massive thank you to Simon Hulse from @UniofOxford for talking to our Yr 12 & 13 students about his studies this week https://t.co/hvB1H3L9Ku
- Many thanks to #FishHeroes for the delivery of Salmon! Yrs 7, 8 & 10 are excited to prepare, cook & learn more about the fish in the coming weeks! Thank you so much for providing us with this opportunity @FoodTCentre @AlaskaSeafoodUK @AlaskanSeafood @HeroesFish https://t.co/PubE8IYoRM
- A huge thank you to @marlowetheatre who provided an amazing workshop opportunity at DGGS last night based on their project, The Trials. https://t.co/y712heJQUv Students left empowered and enthusiastic after an engaging active experience delivered by theatre professionals 🎭 https://t.co/OAbjKxjbQG
- We 💙 when a programme we’ve produced plays a role in #artseducation! Fab close up pic thank you 👶🏼💪👶🏼 #WhatAShow @The_Churchill ❣️🎶👏 #JGartsandculture 🎭 #TheArtOfPrint 🎵 #musical 🎼 #musicaltheatre @BKL_Productions #Bromley #BloodBrothers @WillyRussellUK ⭐️ https://t.co/dcx4fkdlVJ
- A hugely successful trip to see 'Blood Brothers' @The_Churchill . It was fabulous to be back at the theatre with our students & worth the late night. Thanks to all involved for their exemplary behaviour! 🎭 https://t.co/78uUARldVt
- Congratulations to 37 Mathematicians from Y10 & Y11 who achieved Bronze, Silver & Gold certificates in the national @UKMathsTrust Intermediate Maths Challenge 👏Good Luck to the top 3 students who made it through to the next round 🧮 https://t.co/i5UymF0f3p
- We are proud to announce that 5 students have received university offers from @UniofOxford & @Cambridge_Uni 👏 Successful applications in Medicine, English, Maths, Chemistry & Economics. Equaling our record for #Oxbridge offers (set in 2016). #DGGSSixthForm #Raisingaspirations https://t.co/JdWhkIHgSM
- Huge congratulations to our nominated teachers & support staff for the #KentTeacherOfTheYear 2023!! A nomination shows them how much they are appreciated for the great work they do! 🧑🏫👏 @KMCharityTeam https://t.co/oFgse7x3Ek