… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
An Inclusive Curriculum for All
Our curriculum is coherently planned to ensure that all our students develop the knowledge and skills for future learning and employment. Subjects are rich in cultural capital and are designed to give all students the knowledge and skills required to succeed in life.
Lesson content and teaching methods take into account the needs of all learners, including students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and is adapted accordingly to ensure all our learners are able to engage fully in learning.
Extra curricular activities such as House Days and Enrichment activities are planned to ensure equality of opportunity and diversity. Through our curriculum students are taught to understand and appreciate difference in the world and respond with respect.
For full information on how the school fulfils its obligations to Equality and SEND, please follow links to these pages of the website.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
If you wish to find out more information about the curriculum, please contact Ms N Hay Deputy Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- KS3 Curriculum Overview
- KS4 Curriculum Overview
- Teaching Assistant - One to One Teaching/Child Support at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/8y9Nx19lSi
- A huge thank you to @StHughsCollege for hosting our Y10 trip to @UniofOxford. Our students thoroughly enjoyed the tour & lunch and received glowing feedback after answering questions during an academic tutorial focusing on a 'new-historicist' approach to Shakespeare! https://t.co/EPut5NDpHV
- The Maths Department want to CONGRATULATE past student @shannon_em_ryan who has received a 2:1 in her Master of Mathematics from @durham_uni. A fantastic achievement! 👏🧮
- Teacher of Geography Teacher at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/ADK8TWMHWD
- Thanks to Chloe Foster for delivering a careers talk about her experiences after leaving DGGS to her current role as a co-founder and senior consultant for @ANEC_global. It was very inspiring to hear about her Young Innovator Award from UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) 👏
- #Dover#Canterbury#Sandwich @DCCAonline @AstorCollege @DGSBTweet @DGGS_Info Due to emergency roadworks in Nonnington all 89,89B,95 services will be unable to serve Nonnington Village until further notice, please see the link for details https://t.co/cEyEBM5TyB
- 📣Calling all Year 5 Parents & Carers You can now apply for the Dover Test by completing our Assessment Registration Form. Please see below for further details⬇️ #kentprimary #Dover #kentschools https://t.co/8QSxyUrhjO
- 🎉Yr 5 Open Evening & Open Day Tours (14th-16th June 2022) Please see below for further information ⬇️ #kentprimary #Dover #kentschools https://t.co/CfswJ9Ctny
- Thank you to APS Salads & Operations Manager Chris Baldwin for inviting students to visit their commercial glasshouses at Ash this week in support of the DGGS Super-curricular programme #STEM 🍅🐝 https://t.co/225en7AzJF See the full story on our website: https://t.co/lWrRes7Gfe https://t.co/G2xnezMJun
- Two of our incredible Y10 students were recently selected to represent @KentRugby U15s in a series of tournaments with other Counties. Both have played Club Rugby for many years, it's fantastic to see their hard work & commitment pay off! Well done 👏🏉 https://t.co/N9nySZ8NUa
- Congratulations to one of our Further Maths students, who successfully submitted a solution to a challenging problem with @nrichmaths this is run by @Cambridge_Uni 👏🧮 ⬇️To see the problem & solution: https://t.co/0lz2mGiSCg
- After the half-term break, there will be some changes affecting bus routes 991 and 992 that serve #Dover schools @DCCAonline @AstorCollege @DGSBTweet and @DGGS_Info. Find out more here> https://t.co/59AQfVD2XJ https://t.co/XmwEH0jI3H