… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- I am very pleased that DGGS has received a certificate of excellence, 5 star rating today from the Good School Guide! well done to all at DGGS, its thoroughly deserved. @GoodSchoolsUK https://t.co/Gi3oGtrNwf
- Our very own Mr Millard, Professional Mentor & Subject Leader for History, has been awarded the @CanterburyCCUni Mentor of the Year Award for 'Research Informed' Mentoring for 2020!! Congratulations!! 📚 https://t.co/cKh7LqyZRW https://t.co/1W6Ks4DAA9
- Temporary Finance OfficerAdministration at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/yEUc03vlgp
- Congratulations to our GCSE students on achieving fantastic results! We wish you all the luck for your future plans and successes! 📚🎓#gcseresults2020 #apprenticeships #sixthform https://t.co/kHWkBhpNGk
- Well done to all the A Level students for achieving great results! As a staff we are extremely proud of them all! We wish them every success in the next stage of their lives and look forward to hearing about their future successes 👨🎓👩🎓 #alevelresultsday https://t.co/Afizv1kGpA
- As a school we have been busy preparing to welcome back Yr10 & Yr12 students to DGGS. We have prepared a short information video to show you some of the changes that we have had to make around the school. https://t.co/Wz6ZcApw4P
- COMPETITION TIME!! 🎨🖌️🖼️ https://t.co/1xinxMzNsZ
- Brilliant article in the @sundaytimes, well done Esther 👏🏼. We are so proud of all your hard work & incredible determination to help produce much needed PPE! 💙🌈#ProtectTheNHS #COVID19 #StayHomeSaveLives #thankyouNHS https://t.co/fmRfVwurA0 https://t.co/5kiIVGiRux
- Thank you to Dover Grammar School for Girls for the visors given to the Port of Dover Police to help protect the officers against COVID19. HL #CommunitiesWorkingTogether #PortOfDoverPolice @DGGS_Info https://t.co/JMD1JGMKwW
- Another 60 visors made today! All thanks to our laser cutter & the continued help from a Y8 student. These are in addition to the incredible 200 bits of PPE already given to front line workers & carers to help in the #Coronavirus effort! @EKHUFT #ThankYouNHS #ProtectTheNHS 💙🌈 https://t.co/yjv9TYnuYm
- School girl makes protective visors https://t.co/miz3TNyGW5