… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- As a school we have been busy preparing to welcome back Yr10 & Yr12 students to DGGS. We have prepared a short information video to show you some of the changes that we have had to make around the school. https://t.co/Wz6ZcApw4P
- COMPETITION TIME!! 🎨🖌️🖼️ https://t.co/1xinxMzNsZ
- Brilliant article in the @sundaytimes, well done Esther 👏🏼. We are so proud of all your hard work & incredible determination to help produce much needed PPE! 💙🌈#ProtectTheNHS #COVID19 #StayHomeSaveLives #thankyouNHS https://t.co/fmRfVwurA0 https://t.co/5kiIVGiRux
- Thank you to Dover Grammar School for Girls for the visors given to the Port of Dover Police to help protect the officers against COVID19. HL #CommunitiesWorkingTogether #PortOfDoverPolice @DGGS_Info https://t.co/JMD1JGMKwW
- Another 60 visors made today! All thanks to our laser cutter & the continued help from a Y8 student. These are in addition to the incredible 200 bits of PPE already given to front line workers & carers to help in the #Coronavirus effort! @EKHUFT #ThankYouNHS #ProtectTheNHS 💙🌈 https://t.co/yjv9TYnuYm
- School girl makes protective visors https://t.co/miz3TNyGW5
- Schools donate PPE to help keep carers safe https://t.co/enVZPl0qjU
- update on DGGSs home 3D printing of PPE for the local community. we’ve a 3rd printer donated by Deal & Walmer Lions so can do up to 30 a day so will be in touch with individuals soon. Thanks to those supporting this project @NHSuk @MarthaTrust https://t.co/YP0oEtREg4
- So proud of the staff at DGGS! Our science & DT depts are in full home production of face shields that are being donated to various companies and hospitals in need @WHHNHS @NHSuk @CoronavirusUK https://t.co/vCrTXmxCge
- Our amazing DT Department have donated safety glasses to the local #NHS Home Care staff in the Whitstable area to help in the #Coronavirus effort! @EKHUFT #ThankyouNHS #StayHomeSavesLives 💙🌈 https://t.co/dZtluMd5OZ
- Very proud of our Teachers; Mr Cocker & Mrs House who are both working extremely hard (with the help of their families) to support the fight against #COVID19 by dedicating their time & knowledge using @Creality3dprint to make protective face shields for @EKHUFT #protecttheNHS💙🌈 https://t.co/KQ4KEmiaQw