… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- This incredible cushion has been designed and produced by one of our very talented yr 10 students for her African art project. Well done!! 🎨🪡🧵 https://t.co/kJ7o92xt6s
- Teacher of English Teacher at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/PNM4jzbgTG
- Key Stage 3 Mathematics Lead Leader at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/0YchUT74iL
- A big thank you to a former student, Kirsten Hayes for her talk to our DGGS Engineering Society about studying at @lborouniversity & the year-long placement she will embark on soon developing powertrain technology for the Mercedes Formula 1 team #WomenInSTEM @MercedesAMGF1
- We are pleased to announce we have been awarded £5000 in funding by @KMPFederation to support our 6th Form Work Experience Programme. This will be used to fund student work placements & to expand our careers resource library. Mr Coventon will be overseeing the project. https://t.co/BDnGxA8LPw
- An efficient speaker system has now been installed at Dover Girls Grammar School @DGGS_Info using @MartinAudioLtd CDD8s & a @CrownAudio amplifier. Just in time for the girls returning to school! https://t.co/AO4wqBnZjX https://t.co/0yN9KbjHuo
- @DGGS_info @HCTCSixthForm @KnoleAcademy @FortPittGrammar @iLongfield @Gravesend_GS @Mascalls @nsfgofficial @oaios @StGsGravesend @STGSBroadstairs @TSS_Swale @St_Anselms @stgregoryscs @St_JohnFisher @STJConnect @ssscskent @StroodAcademy @abbeyschool @highworth https://t.co/87sSCpKeBL
- Congratulations to our FairTrade competition winners! The winning entries represented climate change in the form of poems, posters, cakes etc. Here are just a few of the winners. Well done! https://t.co/paQzb97df5
- Congratulations to Mrs Simpson, our Maths teacher for contributing to a CPD session run by Trinity College, Cambridge. She supported Dr Ems Lord who is the Director of NRICH. Their website now contains A level resources that she created. @nrichmaths @TrinityOxford #Mathematics
- DGGS are celebrating #SaferInternetDay today! Find out how you can join us at https://t.co/cMNkVjDhII @UK_SIC https://t.co/cMNkVjDhII https://t.co/giclmAi9l7
- Today is Safer Internet Day! Join us and @UK_SIC this #SaferInternetDay to create a better internet – RT to show your support https://t.co/IzMzsqT8Fp #AnInternetWeTrust https://t.co/ZeORWjjUel