… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
An Inclusive Curriculum for All
Our curriculum is coherently planned to ensure that all our students develop the knowledge and skills for future learning and employment. Subjects are rich in cultural capital and are designed to give all students the knowledge and skills required to succeed in life.
Lesson content and teaching methods take into account the needs of all learners, including students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and is adapted accordingly to ensure all our learners are able to engage fully in learning.
Extra curricular activities such as House Days and Enrichment activities are planned to ensure equality of opportunity and diversity. Through our curriculum students are taught to understand and appreciate difference in the world and respond with respect.
For full information on how the school fulfils its obligations to Equality and SEND, please follow links to these pages of the website.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
If you wish to find out more information about the curriculum, please contact Ms N Hay Deputy Headteacher email@example.com
- Curriculum Overview
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- KS3 Curriculum Overview
- KS4 Curriculum Overview
- KS5 Curriculum Overview
- To celebrate our school community we have been exploring different opportunities available beyond the classroom, including dance, karaoke, printmaking, gardening & finally a themed dress day based on ‘The Arts’. A fabulous week for all, the creations & costumes were amazing! https://t.co/DD7nYQCRRo
- It was fabulous to see just over 100 students taking part in the extra-curricular activities on offer this week, fully engaging and having fun, whilst continuing to manage their academic studies! #dggsPE 👟🏀 https://t.co/DQ1WiBLPqC
- Our students have been training hard and are excited to represent DGGS in our upcoming football cup fixtures next week #dggsPE https://t.co/QoobT4MLRM
- A great local event happening this weekend. For further information see the poster below to sign up for a free one hour lesson #dggsPE 🛹 https://t.co/FBDkp8XLZt
- Our students had a fantastic time at the Spitfire Ground, Canterbury enjoying a professional women's cricket match! They were able to watch a masterclass of Indian batting, tried their hands at target games, speedometer & some crazy catching activities!🏏 #dggsPE 🏴 #ENGvIND 🇮🇳 https://t.co/ZKF2adICtU https://t.co/nAlscbF5pw
- Many thanks to alumni, Kirsten, who returned to share her experiences on her Placement year working in the world of @MercedesAMGF1. We wish her the very best as she returns to @lborouniversity for the final year of her Masters in Engineering 🏁 https://t.co/Mu4F1h1wmE
- The @kchftimmsteam would like to invite parents/carers to book an appointment at one of their Community Clinics this half term if their child missed the HPV vaccination during our visit to DGGS. More information & how to book follow the link: https://t.co/lx2zRhPUUr #KCHFTImms
- 📣Huge congratulations to Tia in Y12 who has been awarded the prestigious Arkwright Engineering Scholarship! Tia will receive a £600 sponsorship award & industry mentoring throughout her time in the Sixth Form. #DGGSAspireEngineeringProgramme #DGGSSixthForm @ArkwrightTalent 👏 https://t.co/c3rIzPMDBk
- Assistant Site Manager Facilities at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/ZTqcobdHmh
- Follow the flame! Hear about London's Black sporting heroes in this interactive storytelling tour. A great free event for Black History month in London during half term #dggsPE https://t.co/Cr4ldxaCGP
- 🏏Some of our very excited students will be heading to the Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury today to watch England Women’s Team play! Good luck!! #dggsPE 🏴 #ENGvIND 🇮🇳 https://t.co/g8TnlKrqRt