… and let / Thy feet, millenniums hence, be set / In midst of knowledge, dream’d not yet.
Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1842
Our curriculum at Dover Grammar School for Girls is academically rigorous, knowledge-rich and based on high expectations for all our students.
Our curriculum is both pastoral and academic; the purpose of which is to achieve excellence – socially, intellectually and morally. Our curriculum shapes the character of our students, providing them with the traits needed for employability; the cultural capital needed for success in life; and the resilience to bounce back and not fear failure. Our curriculum is designed to foster a sense of respect, empathy and pride in the diversity of our local community and its rich history. Ultimately, our curriculum aims to meet the diverse needs of our students and to empower them to develop the independence, moral purpose and intellectual flexibility necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive world.
Specific details about the curriculum are contained within our curriculum policy and each subject area on the website.
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- Rehearsals at DGGS are in full swing for performances on 12th & 13th November. Details to follow... #AllTogetherNowMTI 🎭 https://t.co/tugMZjEupj
- DGGS has been awarded Intermediate level of the @BritishCouncil prestigious International School Award. Headteacher, Mr Benson said he is absolutely thrilled and that this award is a true testament to the MFL Department’s hard work and dedication and is thoroughly deserved!🌟👏 https://t.co/zcNoBpMsqx
- Our fabulous teacher, Anita Simpson, attended the #KTOTY Awards 2021 ceremony held at @AshfordIntQ on 8/10/21 and received awards for Maths Teacher of the Year in the Dover District and for Kent Secondary Maths Teacher of the Year!! Well done!! 🌟👏 https://t.co/aeZunFSZM8 https://t.co/0ycx5AlSKN https://t.co/gQqcWODuLm
- Today we spoke to Year 12 students from @DGGS_Info (Outreach Officer Katharine's old secondary school!) about why they might like to consider applying to highly-selective universities. It was great to talk to you all about uni options! 😃 #OxOutreach
- We then spoke to the Oxbridge applicants at @DGGS_Info who are in the process of finalising their Personal Statements and will be submitting their UCAS applications very soon. Best of luck with your applications and any upcoming admissions tests - you can do it! 🥰 #OxOutreach
- Girls Football ⚽️ Our Year 8 Girls started their @kentschools_fa cup campaign with a 6-4 thriller against @DGGS_Info today. MOM: E.Parker A big thank you to Olivia & Melody who are part of Post-16 football squad who travelled with the girls today to coach & support👏 🔴🟡🟢🔵 https://t.co/TPDHg32N2U
- A fabulous article, well done!! 👏🩺🎉 https://t.co/xl8IMPzCtW https://t.co/Txx8dJOY20 https://t.co/nEtHqz3Niz
- This Friday, 8th October we are hosting our annual #HelloYellow fundraising day for @youngmindsUK. This is a worthwhile cause to support this charity as a community. Below are just a few of the fun activities planned during the day #YoungMinds #mentalhealthawareness 💛 https://t.co/CZAGUpAHsH
- Teacher of English Teacher at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/CpQCqppRN7
- The House competition has well and truly started - well done to St Martin for getting a great score on the Yr 7 Spelling Bee! There’s still everything to play for! 📚🌟 https://t.co/6rlKgjNwJT
- We are very pleased to announce that two of our Yr 9 students have been accepted on the Inspiring Minds: Future Doctors programme run by @KMMSmedschool 🎉🩺 https://t.co/Laywgwy13u
- Congratulations to our very talented teacher, Mr Tom Millard, Professional Mentor & Subject Leader for History. For the second year running he has been awarded the @CanterburyCCUni Mentor of the Year Award for 'Research Informed' Mentoring for 2021!! Well done!!🌟 https://t.co/aEvcKysNHr https://t.co/KxWDalXMpY