Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
Dover Grammar School for Girls recognises that the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) aspects of students’ education are crucial to their development as individuals.
We believe in our Vision Tricolon of Building Character, Fostering Respect and Achieving Success. We aim to develop the character values of Mutual Respect, Moral Purpose, Courage, Compassion, and Intellectual Curiosity. By upholding the ethos and values of our school and its commitment to equality and celebration of difference and by providing opportunities to discuss and reflect on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural issues in form time, via assemblies, community events, extracurricular activities and throughout the curriculum, we will prepare students to be citizens of the community at a local, national, and global level.
At Dover Grammar School for Girls, students are helped to develop positive attitudes and beliefs through opportunities to:
- Develop spiritual values and reasoned personal and moral values
- Develop their understanding and respect for those with different religions, beliefs, and ways of life
- Value everyone equally
- Develop personal relationships, based on trust, self-esteem, and mutual respect
- Become active, responsible citizens in a democratic society
- Develop an appreciation of the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations, and the environment
- Develop an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and appreciate the diversity and richness of other cultures.
Fundamental British Values
Dover Grammar School for Girls believes that promoting British values is about promoting a set of attitudes and behaviours that will develop well rounded individuals who will be prepared for the experiences, challenges and responsibilities of life and will make a full, positive, and active contribution to society. We provide opportunities for pupils across all year groups to gain knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes that support and actively promote British values. We uphold and promote the following British Values:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
|Dover Grammar School for Girls Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education||02nd Dec 2022||Download|