12th Oct 2021
Result Day information has been parentmailed to student’s today, this information can be accessed via TEAMs, DGGS Students, Year either 11 & 13.
A LEVEL Results
Dover Girls is celebrating once again this year with an impressive set of A Level results. Students saw their hard work and dedication pay off, rewarding them with academic success and the grades necessary to go to the universities of their choice in the Autumn.
The school celebrates the second highest set of results in recent years with 60% of grades awarded being A* to B. 41 students achieved grades of ABB or higher and 9 students achieved A’s or A*s across the board, meeting the rigorous school targets for their cohort.
Headteacher Mr Robert Benson stated:
“I am really pleased for all our students who have taken A Level exams this year and would like to congratulate them all on their results success.
“Not only have they showed their academic ability by gaining grades fully in line with our high expectations, they have done this while contributing fully to the life of the school. Our students leave DGGS with confidence, leadership and a love of learning and complement these with A Level results which will open doors to their future.
“I would like to thank both students and staff for their hard work and contribution to this excellent outcome.”
DGGS students have impressed universities with their diverse skills and have received an unprecedented 27 unconditional offers and acceptance onto a wide range of courses including: Law, Engineering, Nursing, Robotics, English, Maths, Criminology, Paramedic Science, Marine Biology and Primary Education. Some students have also chosen to follow an apprenticeship route, including one in the Media and others will soon embark on Foundation Art courses at UCA.
3 students have successfully gained places at Cambridge University to read Geography, Philosophy and English Literature following their impressive results and all students are looking forward to beginning the next stage of their education.
GCSE students at Dover Grammar School for Girls are once again celebrating their success at GCSE this year. Despite the additional challenge of the new style GCSE courses, and the change to a numerical grading system which allocated an additional Grade 9 for the very top levels of achievement, students have continued to excel.
This year’s results see 98% of students achieving 5 or more standard passes including English and Maths with 79% of students achieving strong passes. Furthermore, there were 83 grades at the new top Grade 9. Early indications suggest that there are strong progress scores in a range of subjects, in particular English, and the Ebacc subject group.
Academic successes include:
Georgia Amos whose grades include three Grade 9 and three Grade 8; Rosie Day (four Grade 9 and five Grade 8); Jasmine Rogers (seven Grade 9, two Grade 8 and one A*); Mollie Ellis (four Grade 9, three Grade 8 and one A*) and Vivien Hardy who, in addition to three Grade 9, 3 Grade 8, and two A Grades, goes forward with a scholarship from the prestigious Arkwright Scholarship Award for Engineering.
The school is also very proud of students who have made significant academic progress. These include Holly Morris, Niamh Doherty and Sannah Dyer to name a few.
Headteacher, Robert Benson, said:
“I am thrilled to see our students making a success of the new GCSE courses. This is a fantastic set of results and one to celebrate. This year 65% of our GCSE students were awarded at least one Grade 8 or 9. Our students have worked incredibly hard to achieve their grades and have been supported fully by our staff to achieve their academic potential. I am very proud of all their accomplishments.
“The vast majority of students will continue to study at the school and, joined by many new students, will embark on our new 3+ offer which seeks to provide students with a vibrant, challenging and personalised post 16 offer. These GCSE results will open many doors for our students and I look forward to seeing them grasp the challenge of Post 16 with both hands.”
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- Rehearsals at DGGS are in full swing for performances on 12th & 13th November. Details to follow... #AllTogetherNowMTI 🎭 https://t.co/tugMZjEupj
- DGGS has been awarded Intermediate level of the @BritishCouncil prestigious International School Award. Headteacher, Mr Benson said he is absolutely thrilled and that this award is a true testament to the MFL Department’s hard work and dedication and is thoroughly deserved!🌟👏 https://t.co/zcNoBpMsqx
- Our fabulous teacher, Anita Simpson, attended the #KTOTY Awards 2021 ceremony held at @AshfordIntQ on 8/10/21 and received awards for Maths Teacher of the Year in the Dover District and for Kent Secondary Maths Teacher of the Year!! Well done!! 🌟👏 https://t.co/aeZunFSZM8 https://t.co/0ycx5AlSKN https://t.co/gQqcWODuLm
- Today we spoke to Year 12 students from @DGGS_Info (Outreach Officer Katharine's old secondary school!) about why they might like to consider applying to highly-selective universities. It was great to talk to you all about uni options! 😃 #OxOutreach
- We then spoke to the Oxbridge applicants at @DGGS_Info who are in the process of finalising their Personal Statements and will be submitting their UCAS applications very soon. Best of luck with your applications and any upcoming admissions tests - you can do it! 🥰 #OxOutreach
- Girls Football ⚽️ Our Year 8 Girls started their @kentschools_fa cup campaign with a 6-4 thriller against @DGGS_Info today. MOM: E.Parker A big thank you to Olivia & Melody who are part of Post-16 football squad who travelled with the girls today to coach & support👏 🔴🟡🟢🔵 https://t.co/TPDHg32N2U
- A fabulous article, well done!! 👏🩺🎉 https://t.co/xl8IMPzCtW https://t.co/Txx8dJOY20 https://t.co/nEtHqz3Niz
- This Friday, 8th October we are hosting our annual #HelloYellow fundraising day for @youngmindsUK. This is a worthwhile cause to support this charity as a community. Below are just a few of the fun activities planned during the day #YoungMinds #mentalhealthawareness 💛 https://t.co/CZAGUpAHsH
- Teacher of English Teacher at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/CpQCqppRN7
- The House competition has well and truly started - well done to St Martin for getting a great score on the Yr 7 Spelling Bee! There’s still everything to play for! 📚🌟 https://t.co/6rlKgjNwJT
- We are very pleased to announce that two of our Yr 9 students have been accepted on the Inspiring Minds: Future Doctors programme run by @KMMSmedschool 🎉🩺 https://t.co/Laywgwy13u
- Congratulations to our very talented teacher, Mr Tom Millard, Professional Mentor & Subject Leader for History. For the second year running he has been awarded the @CanterburyCCUni Mentor of the Year Award for 'Research Informed' Mentoring for 2021!! Well done!!🌟 https://t.co/aEvcKysNHr https://t.co/KxWDalXMpY