6th Dec 2021
Result Day information has been parentmailed to student’s today, this information can be accessed via TEAMs, DGGS Students, Year either 11 & 13.
A LEVEL Results
Dover Girls is celebrating once again this year with an impressive set of A Level results. Students saw their hard work and dedication pay off, rewarding them with academic success and the grades necessary to go to the universities of their choice in the Autumn.
The school celebrates the second highest set of results in recent years with 60% of grades awarded being A* to B. 41 students achieved grades of ABB or higher and 9 students achieved A’s or A*s across the board, meeting the rigorous school targets for their cohort.
Headteacher Mr Robert Benson stated:
“I am really pleased for all our students who have taken A Level exams this year and would like to congratulate them all on their results success.
“Not only have they showed their academic ability by gaining grades fully in line with our high expectations, they have done this while contributing fully to the life of the school. Our students leave DGGS with confidence, leadership and a love of learning and complement these with A Level results which will open doors to their future.
“I would like to thank both students and staff for their hard work and contribution to this excellent outcome.”
DGGS students have impressed universities with their diverse skills and have received an unprecedented 27 unconditional offers and acceptance onto a wide range of courses including: Law, Engineering, Nursing, Robotics, English, Maths, Criminology, Paramedic Science, Marine Biology and Primary Education. Some students have also chosen to follow an apprenticeship route, including one in the Media and others will soon embark on Foundation Art courses at UCA.
3 students have successfully gained places at Cambridge University to read Geography, Philosophy and English Literature following their impressive results and all students are looking forward to beginning the next stage of their education.
GCSE students at Dover Grammar School for Girls are once again celebrating their success at GCSE this year. Despite the additional challenge of the new style GCSE courses, and the change to a numerical grading system which allocated an additional Grade 9 for the very top levels of achievement, students have continued to excel.
This year’s results see 98% of students achieving 5 or more standard passes including English and Maths with 79% of students achieving strong passes. Furthermore, there were 83 grades at the new top Grade 9. Early indications suggest that there are strong progress scores in a range of subjects, in particular English, and the Ebacc subject group.
Academic successes include:
Georgia Amos whose grades include three Grade 9 and three Grade 8; Rosie Day (four Grade 9 and five Grade 8); Jasmine Rogers (seven Grade 9, two Grade 8 and one A*); Mollie Ellis (four Grade 9, three Grade 8 and one A*) and Vivien Hardy who, in addition to three Grade 9, 3 Grade 8, and two A Grades, goes forward with a scholarship from the prestigious Arkwright Scholarship Award for Engineering.
The school is also very proud of students who have made significant academic progress. These include Holly Morris, Niamh Doherty and Sannah Dyer to name a few.
Headteacher, Robert Benson, said:
“I am thrilled to see our students making a success of the new GCSE courses. This is a fantastic set of results and one to celebrate. This year 65% of our GCSE students were awarded at least one Grade 8 or 9. Our students have worked incredibly hard to achieve their grades and have been supported fully by our staff to achieve their academic potential. I am very proud of all their accomplishments.
“The vast majority of students will continue to study at the school and, joined by many new students, will embark on our new 3+ offer which seeks to provide students with a vibrant, challenging and personalised post 16 offer. These GCSE results will open many doors for our students and I look forward to seeing them grasp the challenge of Post 16 with both hands.”
- Curriculum Overview
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Subject Information
- Reporting and Assessment
- Extra Curricular
- Exceptional Potential
- KS3 Curriculum Overview
- A huge thank you to 12 year old Megan and her fellow pupils at Dover Grammar School for Girls who raised over £800 for CLDF with their Christmas raffle. What a result - well done all!👏👏 @DGGS_Info #cldf #fundraising #charity https://t.co/vsmCjSOGxN
- Yesterday we worked in our Houses to create projects about ا𝕚𝖿𝐞 𝓲𝓃 Ⅿ𝙖ⲅꜱ. There were upcycling projects, suitability tests and much more. Well done to Stephen for winning the day! 🚀 https://t.co/7c0oC2VG4t
- The final scores are almost in!! House competitions this week have been getting very, very competitive! 🚣🚀🎨🖥️📚🎄 https://t.co/1iWgCTkX5D
- Thank you to our wonderful Year 7, 8 & 9 students who, with the help of their Year 12 Form Prefects, have produced Christmas boxes full of goodies which will be going to children in our local community via @TrussellTrust Dover Food Bank🎄 #foodbanks #HungerFreeFuture https://t.co/FMlU67OdB1
- A huge congratulations must go to 5 of our students. One winning the Rotary Youth Competition in the 14-17 age category and the others scooping Highly Commended! We are extremely proud of them all! 🎨👏 @RotaryGBI https://t.co/lXvozimR0W
- Last week our students celebrated Computer Science Education Week and played in an Xbox Kinect Tournament, what a fun and educational activity this proved to be! 🎮🖥️ @CSEdWeek https://t.co/xpatWJCM2M
- A huge thank you to everyone who has very kindly donated prizes to our Festive Raffle. We have had an overwhelming response and are so grateful to everyone's unwavering support for such an incredible charity, @tweetcldf The winners will be drawn tonight, good luck!💛 https://t.co/SWcpv9tT3Q
- Cover Supervisor Teaching/Child Support at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/fcNZcndv2p
- Administrator / Receptionist Administration at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/CD6UAkJEQy
- Deputy Headteacher Deputy Headteacher at Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover https://t.co/9nIUmoBbv8
- Prize winning historian & author of 'The Anglo-Saxons' Dr Marc Morris shares his expertise on the Anglo-Saxon & Norman period with Y7. We would like to thank Dr Morris for sharing his wealth of insight & for taking time out of his busy schedule for us📚 @Longshanks1307 https://t.co/s6vY4q2vvz